The Zappiti Neo is the first model of the new Zappiti range now featuring Dolby Vision and HDR10+ powered by the latest Realtek RTD1619DR chipset !
The Zappiti Neo is at the same time a high end media player and a media server capable of streaming content to other Zappiti devices in a network through the exclusive Zappiti Share advanced streaming protocol.
The Zappiti Neo comes with an internal hard drive bay capable of hosting up to 20 TB of movies, TV shows and music files, dual HDMI outputs and offers astonishing picture and sound quality to meet requirements of the most demanding Home theater users.
Dolby Vision and HDR10+
The best possible picture technologies for an incredible home cinema experience.
Zappiti Media Players
The Uncompromised Audiovisual Quality Of The Original Film
Zappiti designs and manufactures only professional grade Video Management Systems; delivering the highest quality, outstanding performance and best possible user experience.
All the Zappiti products are designed to provide our end-user customers with convenient and intuitive access to their entire movie library collection, in stunning 4K High-Definition resolution. Your movie files are delivered to your private cinema with the highest video quality available and pure high fidelity, lossless reproductions of the original motion picture soundtracks. The Zappiti Neo combines the best performance possible with an utterly unique design for high-end home entertainment.
Our award-winning user interface Zappiti Video provides the best AI available on the market to organize your movie library. Zappiti Video offers advanced features that allow you to play trailers, create custom categories or groups of movies, browse while listening the original soundtracks of your movies in the background, customize the homepage and buttons, special top banners such as director’s cut or unrated editions, access to the online additional contents, or add your personal movie covers,
background, or soundtrack. In addition, the parental control code protects your kids from adult content.
The Zappiti Neo supports the majority of digital audio and video formats, including the most modern 4K HDR standards such as Dolby Vision and HDR10+, almost all recent video file formats, full BD/UHD Menus, HEVC video codec with one billion colors (10-Bit color encoding), VP-9, 3D video standards with 3D subtitles, high resolution audio files such as DSD, FLAC, ALAC, and MQA, and features a wide solid chassis, dual HDMI output, 4K 60p, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for the best possible home theater experience.
The ultra-vivid image of innovative visual technology Dolby Vision®, brings characters to life with darker darks, brighter brights, and a remarkable color range you can’t get anywhere else.
Experience a remarkable color palette, sharper contrasts, and incredible brightness that feel more like looking through a window than at a screen. This is HDR like you’ve never seen it before.
Discover subtle details you simply can’t see with a standard picture, for a viewing experience without compromise, just as the filmmakers and creators intended.
Zappiti Neo media player supports direct playback of full Blu-ray disc images (BDMV and ISO) with menus in Dolby Vision (MEL and FEL), as well as various file formats including MKV, MP4, TS, and M2TS. All popular Dolby Vision profiles (P4, P5, P7 MEL and FEL, P8) are supported. The extended Dolby Vision metadata is used and transmitted to the TV to improve picture quality.
VS10 Video Processing
The advanced Dolby Vision VS10 video processing engine ensures maximum image quality when playing any type of content (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) with any type of video output signal (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), improves the SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision conversion quality, minimizes the effect of “posterization” (“banding”) due to more advanced 12-bit video processing. This gives benefits even when using the media player with older TVs that do not support Dolby Vision.
The Zappiti Neo is compatible with HDR10+ technology. HDR10+ is the latest and most advanced HDR technology, building upon HDR10 to further enhance the viewing experience. HDR10+ signals not just the dynamic range (the ratio of light to dark) of video content on a scene-by-scene (or even frame-by-frame) basis, it also provides, with minimal metadata, the scene characteristics between bright and dark so that important detail can be kept. This enables displays to reproduce images more realistically, adhering to the creator’s intent. Whereas static HDR, such as HDR10, utilizes static tone mapping uniformly across the duration of the content, HDR10+ employs dynamic tone mapping to optimize each scene, individually increasing brightness and adding contrast to fit within a display’s capabilities.
Ultra HD 4K.
Zappiti Neo features HDMI 2.0b output to provide ideal compatibility with the latest UHD 4K video content such as HDR. Zappiti MagicPixel upscales your video files up to UHD (3840×2160) into 4x times Full HD! The high-quality upgrade dramatically improves video image quality.
HDR > SDR
With the VS10 processor, any HDR content is converted into traditional SDR with perfect color grading. In addition, the Zappiti MagicPixel processing converts Ultra HD video content into extremely high-quality 1080p uncompressed 4:4:4 video for viewing 4K content on Full HD 1080p displays. This process increases the resolution by about 30% compared to Blu-ray on a 1080p TV or projector. With Zappiti MagicPixel v3 and VS10 technologies combined, you can benefit from the benefits of the 4K UHD contents on your 1080p TV or projector. Less compression. More colors. More details! For some 4K projectors, the HDR > SDR conversion by Zappiti provides even better results than the direct HDR display managed by your projector.
DVD, Blu-ray & UHD Menu Support
Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and get access to additional content (director’s cuts, theatrical versions, bonus extras, bookmarks, etc.) This feature is compatible with both ISO and BDMV (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and 4K UHD). Or, if you do not want to display menus, you can start a movie immediately without trailers or warnings. The seamless branching is also perfectly supported for perfect gapless playback on director cut editions.
With its 3.5 “SATA hot-swap rack, the Zappiti Neo is capable of supporting up to 20TB of data internally; the equivalent of about 500 Blu-rays or 250 Ultra HD Blu-ray (bit perfect) on a single hard disk. And as it is possible to exchange hard drives, you have no capacity limit! With the Zappiti Neo, you no longer need to worry about storage problems. Zappiti Video can manage one collection for each drive or one collection for all your drives as you wish.
Hard drive not included.
Hi-Quality Backlit RC.
Easily control the Zappiti Neo media player with the IR remote control (accessory included). You can also control the player using a wireless mouse or keyboard (not supplied). In addition, the Zappiti Neo can be controlled by the leading brands of universal remote controls such as Crestron, ProControl, RTI, Control4, Elan, Savant or Logitech Harmony. More info…
Direct access & shortcut buttons.
Switch instantly from one application to another (Zappiti or Explorer) using the direct access buttons: image ratio, 3D, subtitles, audio tracks, repeat mode, … The remote control of the Zappiti Neo feature true STOP button, and direct playback access to 1 min. forward / backward and 10 sec. forward / backward.
Wide Range IR Sensor
The Zappiti Neo features a high sensibility infrared sensor that cover a wide angle on long distance (60° / 26 ft). In addition, the remote control is equipped with two IR diodes.
The Zappiti Neo comes with an IR extender. This allows you to place your Zappiti Neo behind closed doors in a cabinet or in another room and still be able to control them from in front of your TV. It comes with self stick tape on the back of the IR bud for easy installation on any flat surface.
Zappiti Neo includes Zappiti Video — the best entertainment hub available on the market, featuring an impressive user interface with movie covers. Zappiti scans your video content (movies and tv shows) located on a local drive connected to your Zappiti player, or on a NAS through the local network. Zappiti then collects the cover art and various info such as casting, director, release date, rating, etc. Sit back in your home theater seat with your friends or family. Choose your film easily. Browse a genre. Sort movies by rating, duration, or release date. Read a synopsis. Watch the trailer. Then, press PLAY to enjoy your movie. After the end credits roll, eventually watch the extras or wait for the auto launch of the next episode of your favorite tv show.
Several graphical templates are available (classic or silver*). *The silver template is sold as an option.
Zappiti Video is compatible with multiple collections of video content and switching from one to another easily.
Zappiti Video features an astonishing GUI, and optional beautiful skins. Zappiti features an automatic top banner (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, etc…), and a special top banner for Final Cut, Director’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, Unrated, Disc 1/2, Bonus, Concert, Special Edition, etc. It also features: 2.35:1 mode, soundtracks while browsing movies or Tv shows, parental control and admin functions using a tablet or smartphone, exclusive Zappiti AI for the best movie identification possible, exclusive top quality multilingual movie covers, utilization of fanarts database, Zappiti DB and TMDB search engines, filtering and sorting, automatic playback of the next TV show episode and many more exclusive features.
Dual HDMI Output.
The Zappiti Neo features two HDMI outputs – one HDMI Out Main port for connecting to the latest UHD 4K TVs, projectors and A/V receivers, and an additional HDMI Out Audio Only port (v1.4) dedicated to audio for connecting to older A/V receivers and for better audio performances. The HDMI Audio Only port features a high-stability, high-precision clock. This design significantly reduces jitter and eliminates timing errors, allowing you to enjoy your audio & video contents with increased accuracy when you use the audio-only HDMI output port for connecting the audio signal to your A/V receiver. In addition, on the video output, the audio stream is automatically muted when the HDMI Audio Only output is used, thereby reducing the effects of video noise on the main HDMI output.
The connector indications are printed in both directions, so that you can read them easily in the correct direction when you connect your device.
The Zappiti Neo features high quality gold-plated output ports for HD/4K video and HD digital audio, L/R analog audio and coaxial for better sonic accuracy and more detailed natural sound as well as less corrosive effect over time. Zappiti’s gold-plated ports use advanced engineering methods and the highest-quality materials to reduce noise and interference and deliver cleaner, natural, more accurate sound from your components. Gold-plated materials are also used for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antennas as well as the CVBS output.
Zappiti Real Cinema.
Cinema movies are shot at 24 frames per second (fps), but most video or Blu-ray files are recorded at 23.976 fps. Today, many multimedia players output a video signal at 24,000 Hz. However, this conversion generates problems of stuttering, in particular on video projectors. Zappiti Real Cinema technology maintains the original frame rate of the file, whether in 23.976 fps or 24,000 fps until the final display in order to enjoy the same fluidity as in the cinema and preserve the original integrity of the work displayed. On the other hand, thanks to autoframerate, the player automatically switches to the correct output frequency depending on the frame rate of the file, namely: 23.976 Hz, 24 Hz, 50 Hz and 59.94 Hz (60 Hz) depending on the type of file being played.
With ISO files from original video discs, the video bitrate is 4x higher than streaming services — meaning less data loss. Image and sound are crystal clear and more realistic for the best possible home theater experience.
Audio/Video Sync. adjustment
The Zappiti Neo offers a new feature to adjust the audio / video sync forwards and backwards.
This pro-level functionality is especially useful when using an external scaler.
Zappiti products have been specially designed to operate in high-end installations and integrations using multi-level security locking, IP and IR control codes for ProControl, RTI, Control4*, Crestron*, Savant*, Philips Pronto, Elan*, URC* and Logitech Harmony, a Middle Atlantic rack mount kit and even a Zappiti API for high-end custom integrations.
A universal media player.
● Dual HDMI: Use the second HDMI to separate audio and video for the best performances and enjoy the 4K HDR, while using an old-generation AV receiver or soundbar non-4K compatible. You can enjoy both HD sound and 4K HDR without having to replace your AV receiver or soundbar.
● Video processing: Zappiti Magic Pixel V3 and VS10 video processing combined offers an outstanding picture quality – far better than the previous generations – with improved dynamics, accurate colorimetry, increased contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the image of your display! 3D also offers better image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
● Dolby Vision and HDR10+: Display your HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision video content on a compatible display.
● HDR Conversion: Convert your HDR video content into SDR to display it on your 1080p TV or projector managed by a brand new video processing for better color grading accuracy and perfect luminance curve.
● 10/12-Bit: Take advantage of powerful 10/12-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display and benefit from increased nuance and reduced “posterization” (“banding”) effect.
● REC. 2020: Enjoy a wider color space for more saturated and richer colors.
● 4K 50/60p: Display your 4K 50p/60p video content in 2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
● Real Cinema: Advanced auto framerate detection compatible with all video frequencies (23.976 / 24 / 29.97 / 30 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz).
● Direct Output: Display your videos in their original resolution and frequency without scaling processing.
● Widevine L1 DRM: Watch premium online video services in HD and UHD.
● 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC).
● Network Player: Connect your Zappiti on your local network and enjoy your content from a PC/MAC or a NAS via SMB or NFS.
● SMB Server: Access the contents located on the internal hard drives of the Zappiti (or a connected hard drive) from a computer connected via local network.
● MKV Player: Playback SD, HD and UHD video content in MKV and other modern video file containers and formats, including top quality HEVC/H.265 video codec with very high bit-rates > 400 Mbp/s.
● BD / UHD ISO: Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and access to the additional contents, director’s cut or theatrical version, bonus and extras, bookmarks, etc. with seamless branching support.
● HDD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5” SATA hard drives up to 20 TB.
● USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
● Ports USB 3.1 and Type-C: Read or transfer your files in ultra high speed. Note: USB Type-C and USB 3.1 ports cannot be used simultaneously.
● Full Range of A/V Connectors: S/PDIF coaxial and optical audio output, audio analogue output (cinch), CVBS video analog output, HDMI Main (Deep Color, xvYCC, 12 bits, and CEC), HDMI Audio Only.
● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream up to 11.2.4, downmix stereo.
● Hi-Res Music Playback: Playback Hi-Res Audio quality (up to 24-bit) music files in various formats (DSD, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, WavPack, APE, DTS, AC3, etc).
● Playback Memory: Resume playback from the last position.
● Backlit Remote Control: High quality backlit remote control with convenient direct access and shortcuts, wide range (60° / 26 ft) and recordable buttons to control another device.
● Bluetooth 5.0: Connect your wireless devices via Bluetooth such as joysticks, headphones, connected speakers …
● Computer Mouse and keyboard: Connect a computer mouse and keybord to control third-party applications and more convenient text entry.
● Complete File Management System: copy, cut, past (multitasking), delete, rename.
● Zappiti Video Control: Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone.
● Open GUI: Add apps and movies in Favorite section.
● Hi-Fi Coaxial Output: The Zappiti Neo offers an ultra-high quality coaxial output that provides extremely high efficiency and transparent high fidelity sound up when using an external DAC. The coaxial output also provides lower jitter than the optical output.
● High Quality Backlite IR Remote Control
● IR Extender
● Wi-Fi Antennas x2
● Bluetooth Antenna
● External Power Supply, DC 12V (3A), AC 100-240V
16.92in × 3.14in × 13.5in (W × H × D) (43.0cm × 8cm × 28.5cm)
RoHS, CE, FCC
Country Of Origin
Designed in France
Made in China
Software made in France
Max consumption: 42W
Typical: 39W (Without HDD)
High power standby: 9W
Low power standby: 0.02W
Rack Mount Kit
External Power Supply
DC 12V (3A), AC 100-240V