Stereophile May 2018
"The Halo A 52+ provided all the power that my speakers could handle, and did so with aplomb. The soundstage was consistent with no blurring of individual voices or instrumental details.
The new Parasound showed its superiority in more graceful smoothness in the upper midrange and treble, and low bass that seemed better integrated with the upper bass.
Overall, I really liked Parasound's Halo A 52+ in every way."
Sound and Vision April 2018
"Listening with the Halo A 52+ in my system was a pleasure. Intense dynamic contrasts literally caused me to sit up straight on my couch.
Stereo and multichannel music also sounded great, making it a versatile all-around performer for entry-level and advanced home theaters alike."
- 180 watts RMS x 5 @ 8 Ω
- 255 watts RMS x 5 @ 4 Ω
- 225 watts RMS x 2 @ 8 Ω
- 350 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ω
- Class A/AB circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- Direct coupled - no capacitors or inductors in audio path ensures the cleanest signal
- Balanced XLR inputs with discrete circuits
- Full power is rated all the way down to 5Hz for unrestricted low-end bass
- Custom 1.5 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel
- Hand-matched JFETs for input stage
- Hand-matched MOSFETs for driver stage
- Beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors (3 pairs per channel)
- 100,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- Auto turn on by audio signal or 12V trigger
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated, 5-way speaker terminals
- 3U chassis with updated cosmetics, rack mountable with HRA3 (sold separately)